11 June 2019 - EMSD Signs MOC with Academic and Research Institutions to Promote Innovation and Technology
The Electrical and Mechanical Services Department (EMSD) signed a memorandum of co-operation (MOC) with five local universities and seven research institutions on 11 June 2019 to establish a strategic partnership to support the application of innovation and technology (I&T) in government departments so as to improve their services and enhance efficiency.
The Secretary for Innovation and Technology, Mr Nicholas W Yang, and the Director of Electrical and Mechanical Services, Mr Alfred Sit, witnessed the signing ceremony of the MOC. The areas of collaboration include promoting the use of the E&M InnoPortal, identifying I&T solutions for government departments and fostering knowledge and experience exchange, with a view to facilitating the application and development of I&T.
MOC partnersresearch institutions include :
- City University of Hong Kong
- The Chinese University of Hong Kong
- The Hong Kong Polytechnic University
- The Hong Kong University of Science and Technology
- The University of Hong Kong
- Hong Kong Applied Science and Technology Research Institute Company Limited
- Hong Kong Cyberport Management Company Limited
- Logistics and Supply Chain MultiTech R&D Centre
- Nano and Advanced Materials Institute Limited
- The Automotive Parts and Accessory Systems R&D Centre
- The Hong Kong Productivity Council
- The Hong Kong Science and Technology Parks Corporation